Saturday, June 13, 2015

Being a MHP Student Plus other awesome news

Hello Blog World, Fit Freaks, and History Nerds!




I'm finally getting a moment to divulge in all the interesting things of this week and I think the last...


So last I left you, I had just found out I would be starting Grad school 2 months early. AND BOY DID I!!!! WOAH! For anyone asking, I don't suggest your first semester of Grad school be Summer. To say it is intense is an understatement. But it is awesome and I'm happy and calm for likely the first time ever.




My classes are interesting. Georgia History is well blah, but the Professor is AWESOME and devoted to digital technology and truly integrating that into what we are being taught. It is more of a workshop class and there are tons of teachers. Which is cool, but if I hear the question "well, what would an 8th grader get out of this?" one more time I may cry. I don't know any 8th graders, I don't remember 8th grade, but I do know that I didn't take Georgia History in 8th grade. So I have to constantly pulling back in for the MHP students. We have to have a different frame of reference since we are teaching the general public. It is more "What is important in this?" "Why will people keep coming back?" "What does this say about the world we are currently in that people can apply it to their own life?" Much broader and almost harder questions. I could never be a teacher, but I totally respect them. Now this sensory class. I mean. I get it. This is cool. What did people smell, taste, hear, see, touch? How did this rest within their decision making process? And how is that different from what we smell, taste, hear, see and touch? Now see this I totally feel like is important in public history. We get so caught up in "Oh, this happened where I'm standing" Yes, that's right, but where you are standing didn't look, feel, sound, or smell that way... I'm going to leave out taste because I'm thinking of somewhere like Oakland cemetery or GSU and while yes the food is important to both of those areas, don't taste the ground. So yes, it happened there, but there to 1700s is a totally different world to the 2000. Pretty much nothing at all is the same. So cool! This was supposed to be awesome... I can't make it through the first book. It is DRY! Boring and I don't care. Now I'll be honest this happens all the time in History, this is why people always say to me, "too much reading and history is boring." But history is awesome. Unless you are reading a 150pg book that is talking about how American Colonist thought thunder was. BLAH. Oh well. This part will cease soon.




One of the greatest things about being at GSU is the crazy amount of walking. Also we have an amazing Rec center, which I will walk by every day I'm on campus. It is where I started my fitness journey and feels like home. I'm very excited to spend the next 2 years in there.




Today is DC BRAWLERS match day. I'm so excited to kick off this season. If you don't know who the DC BRAWLERS are. Go to www.Brawlerbrigade.com and www.DCBRAWLERS.com This team is the greatest.  They helped me stay motivated and energized as my mom was passing away and were a support system that I can never be thankful enough for. #herecomethechamps


In other exciting news, I became a Brand ambassador for Bhakti Chai. If you haven't heard of them they are located in 40 states and is the BEST chai I've ever had, its gingery, yummy and natural. My favorite is the almond milk blend. And that is one of the greatest things about them. They don't just have soy, they have ALMOND MILK. Bhakti means devotion through social action. This is my passion. So we are a perfect match. If you go to their website there is so much more info, including where you can find them. www.bhaktichai.com


Well I have 9 more days of work, we should be hiring someone Tuesday and get them on their feet Wednesday. WOO.


Ok Back to reading about thunder,


Peace, love, fitness and Cure cancer.


#brawlout #fitfluential #sweatpink

No comments:

Post a Comment